What is Test Management in Software Testing?
Test management can be one of the most effective tools of all time, it’s essential to be able to audit test coverage, execution, and results. This is where the approach of using test management tools comes into play. The test management method cuts down on the number of waste measures that must be implemented during the testing phase, allowing the process to move faster. The value of test management solutions in delivering high-quality products cannot be overstated.
Introduction of Test Management Tools
The Test Management Tool provides software QA to manage Test Case environments, Automated scripts, and other Testing-related operations, as well as providing complete control panels and extensive tracking of quality assurance activities.
Best Test Management Tools
Here we have shortlisted the best test management software tools are listed below:
- Zephyr Scale
- Zephyr Squad
- Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
- Xray – Cutting Edge Test Management
- TestFLO for JIRA
- SPIRATEST by Inflectra
From the above-listed tools, we have described some of the tools in detail, which functionality and features are provided by the particular tools.
1) Zephyr Scale
Zephyr scale is easy to use still users’ complaints, only required minimum efforts to get started. Because of merging with Jira, Zephyr scale defining feature from the same tools it is not based on Jira issue types.
For testing, the Zephyr scale allowed more customization and similarity which are working in industries with tight audit trail requirements.
To stop this all, Customers have so many options to verify all functionality with testing data and parameters.
Zephyr Scale is retained by SmartBear, worldwide providing solutions for test management to 6 million users.
PractiTest tool is the current latest tool for testing in the market. It is a Saas Qa management system with most latest and interesting features. With this tool, the tester is able to focus on quality and their work rather than another task.
PractiTest’s dashboards and reports set a new standard of data by focusing on ability and visibility. Using their good and customizable filters you can generate your requirements, create & run tests, find bugs, and create bug reports.
It combines other bug tracking tools like Bugzilla, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, and Redmine also various automation tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, etc. Their API can ensure further adjustment for other process needs.
3) Zephyr Squad
Zephyr squad provided the most useful software test management tools.
Zephyr squad provided the most usable software test management tools, In 1000 countries almost more than 18,000 customers and 5 million users got power from the zephyr squad.
Zephyr squad satisfied your all requirements with a variety of deployment options (Server, Cloud, Data Center). Merge with the best systems such as JIRA, and more including Integration and Automation tools.
All organizations and sizes of all teams depend on Zephyr Squad’s end-to-end solutions, unmatched expandability, and support.
TestCollab is the latest updated management tool for 2021, it is updated as per QA needs. In the last 11 years, more than 100 industries trusted on TestCollab for their QA process.
It is easy to onboard your team with Testcollab because the user interface is very user-supportive and also provides a live chat feature.
TestCollab offers the below features,
- Because of integration with JIRA– You can post your bug in Testcollab from Jira and using Jira plugin you can see your reports in Jira, Test cases, test plans as well.
- For multiple testers work is automatically assigned to each tester so you don’t need to assign test cases to each tester personally.
- Reusable suites – Use the same test case in multiple projects, once the test case is updated for 1 project it’s automatically gets updated in all the projects.
- Modern features like – you can @mention in comments, in-app notifications also.
- API-first design for an easy merger.
TestCollab offers different plans like free, basic, and premium plan.
5) Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
For Jira Requirements and Test Management is an app by Hexygen. It develops the whole software process inside the Jira.
Jira, I show flexibility when it comes to expanding its features, you can have all the necessary tools and objects in one place without having to merge with any external tools.
If you are stuck anywhere because of heavy tools management are just want to start the testing with only your team, RTM for Jira will provide you with a single repository for all your team members, requirements, and test cases.
- Acceptable QA process out of the box.
- easy, plug-and-play configuration.
- Integrated requirements management.
- Strong support for Jira native features.
- Tree-structured view with folders and subfolders for all modules.
- End-to-end software project traceability.
- Fixed REST API to connect Jira to your test automation tools.
Best Suited For:
- Standardized testing workflow
- Requirements testing
- Documentation testing
- Manual UI testing
- Agile testing
XQual is one of the best test management tools. Using this, you will be able to manage project planning, client requirements, project documents, test cases, releases, risks, bugs, etc.
It is DevOps ready to combine with all the continuous integration or versioning platforms in the market.
- Responsive web application (supports all browsers or all devices incl. tablets or smartphones for Android and iOS both).
- We can execute automated and manual tests also: more than 80 connectors are available for all the best automation frameworks on the market like QTP/UFT, Selenium, Ranorex, JMeter, TestPartner, Sahi, Cucumber, RobotFramework, TestNg, TestComplete, TestStand, Postman, TestOptimal, Mocha, NeoLoad, QF-Test, , Sikuli, SoapUi and more.
- XQual merges with bug-tracking management module with ClearQuest, JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, Trac, Redmine, YouTrack, and more.
- Test characterization
- Shared/reusable test resources.
- Cloud or on-premises
7) Xray – Cutting Edge Test Management
Xray is the Manual & Automated Test Management App for testing in Jira. It is a fully-featured tool that lives inside and is safely connected with Jira. The main aim of the Xray is to help organizations to increase the quality of the product and efficient testing. They can test plan, execution, and track their testing with all requirements.
Xray also supports both types of the testing manual as well as automation, also including Junit, BDD using cucumber, Robot, and others. Xray covers the whole testing life cycle: test planning, test specification, test case development, test execution, test reporting, and test maintenance. You can use all Jira benefits that you are using besides giving the flexibility to organize them in the same project or across multiple projects.
Xray is the fastest expanding app for Jira with 4000 customers in around 65 countries.
TestRail provides facility of the web-based test case management to teams for testing efforts and gets real-time insights into testing activity.
You can easily capture details of test cases or test scenarios like screenshots of test cases and expected results also track the status of the test cases. Compare results with multiple test runs and configurations. Track team workload to manage assignments and resources, and work more productively with custom to-do lists, filters, and email notifications. TestRail is highly estimable, with cloud-based or on-premise installation options. TestRail integrates with bug tracking like Atlassian Jira, FogBugz, Bugzilla, Gemini, Axosoft, GitHub, and TFS; with automation tools such as Ranorex Studio, and many more.
Kualitee Test Management Tool removes the problem from testing and testing make it is, while you are managing testing in excel or already using a software lifecycle.
Whether you are managing testing in Excel or software lifecycle management tool, Kualitee Test Management Tool takes the hassle out of your testing and makes team collaboration effortless. Easily assign tasks to the team and always stay on top of the dashboard.
You can merge this tool with a large range of tools and you can include reports, filters, defect reports, etc. Tool price is affordable and flexible so that it suits all teams to single testers also.
- understood and friendly interface
- Planning of Requirements
- Manage issue and test case management
- Custom Bug Reports
- Interactive Dashboard
- Individual and Group Progress Tracking
- 3rd Party Integrations
10) TestFLO for JIRA
TestFLO tools are useful for bug tracker Jira to test management app by Deviniti highly merged with the Jira issue view and for executing tests use custom fields and workflows. Because of this approach, TestFLO makes a more customizable testing tool.
It can be adjusted to the most super demands of the team as well as compliance standards. If you have a composite software testing process and, it is fully under your control then it will become your favorite tool ever.
Automation testing cases are more important for modern software testing processes. TestFLO provides the facility to create a building plan in Jenkins or Bamboo directly from Jira. The results of automated test runs are imported itself to a Test Plan and represented as Test Cases.
- It is easily adjusted with any kind of testing process using native Jira features.
- Merging with any existing requirements management process.
- A used tree structure with a test case repository.
- Here all are the test automation tools like REST API, Bamboo and Jenkins plugins, JUnit, and TestNG support.
- Provide Customizable reports and Jira issue panels for the testing process of each stage.
Best suited for:
- Testing workflows compliant with external standards
- Highly regulated industries
- Smoke testing
- Regression testing
- DevOps testing (CI/CD)
11) SPIRATEST by Inflectra
SpiraTest is a more strong tool and is helps agile teams to deliver superb software faster and with greater confidence. SpiraTest makes team’s collaboration effortless by managing all their requirements, bugs, and tests in one place. It handles all your testing (manual, automated, exploratory) non-disruptively and provides a facility for easy importing data from many modern applications.
Integrated requirements and bug-tracking modules include in the Spira test that provides complete traceability and audit trails. Spira test is a mixture of reporting templates and custom reports that serve to raise productivity. SpiraTest is also available on the cloud. Its liberal pricing structure is based on concurrent logins and not the number of registered users.
Qase is the latest tool it is built for QA and Developer teams with the latest and simple interface and strong features Because of that most of the organizations across the countries are switching to Qase.
Qase is an all-in-one test management tool, It includes all types of testing tools like defect management, test plans, test case management, defect management, test runs with reports, and webhooks.
Qase also offers to merge the most usable bug trackers like Trello, Jira, Redmine, and many others. Because of this integration of the bug tracker, you can directly create an issue without leaving the app.
This tool is designed for both manuals as well as automation testing. Using Rest API you can merge automated tests and share test results directly from the app And using webhook will create builds in your CI.
- Create test cases and test suites into a hierarchical tree.
- Shared test case steps so because of that reduce the time for test case component.
- Shared steps reduce the time for test case construction.
- Manage all bugs status without leaving the app
- Available Custom fields for test cases, defects, and runs.
- Include different UI theming like Night theme
- This tool is free for 3 members and also there are no limits for test runs.
- 10$ price per user per month for expanding teams.
Testpad is an online tool that takes various scenarios for manual testing. You can create free structured checklists instead of managing test cases at a time.
This provides itself to a vast range of testing styles, including test cases with steps and expected results, but also works fine for navigating exploratory testing, from the manual side of testing, the syntax of highlighting BDD where use keyword like given/when/then, or just for ad-hoc testing where you write a simple list of things which you need to test.
JunoOne is the best tool for agile testing and bug tracking using heavy JIRA integration.
Using JunoOne you can do work expertly, designed to streamline Test Management and Incident management. This tool offers a number of tools that will make all the testing activities arrange properly, control the individual steps, help organize your work and the overall state of the projects. The tool provides different features to the process.
It performs test analysis and creates the strategy and performs test analysis. Then you can plan for tests and run those test cases. It also resolves the issues and secures your test data.
TestMonitor is a useful test management tool for all organizations. An easy, inbuilt approach to testing. Test Monitor has you covered when implementing enterprise software, building any new app, or just needing to help in your project or need QA.
- Conditions and risky testing.
- For support of thousands of cases, the Advanced test case design is capable.
- Strong planning tools with so many testers run and milestone cloning.
- Comprehensive result tracking.
- Integrated issue management.
- Create a report with filters and visualization options.
- Extensive simple UI.
- Test Monitor has also included third-party featuring like slack, JIRA, DevOps.
- Provide executive support with a faster response time.
All of the test management tools mentioned above have distinct characteristics that will provide your QA team with the benefits they need to streamline their test cases. We recommend that you thoroughly weigh the benefits and drawbacks of each testing instrument before deciding which is ideal for your needs. If you don’t want to buy it right away, you can try it out for free first and then upgrade to the pro version if it meets your needs. If it doesn’t work, try a different one for free and repeat the process.