Introduction of Healthcare Domain
Healthcare Domain is one of the largest industries in the world and it’s directly related to human life and has a serious impact on one life. Healthcare is a diagnosis and in other words prevention of disease, illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans.
What is HealthCare Domain Testing?
Healthcare Domain testing is one of the important domains where we test a healthcare domain application to check whether the application meets the requirement according to domain need, we also check the application for various factors like standards, security, conformity, cross dependency with other entities. The primary goal of healthcare domain testing is to verify that the product is of higher quality, that it runs smoothly, and that it is efficient.
Basic knowledge of HealthCare Domain
The entire healthcare system is intertwisted with each other by the single body that is a hospital.
While the other entities include –
- Insurance company: Insurance companies assess the risk and charge premiums for various types of insurance coverage, like -Medicare, Medicaid, BCBS, etc.
- Patient/Consumers: A patient is any recipient of health care services that are performed by healthcare professionals
- Regulatory Authority: A regulatory agency or regulatory body, is a government authority that is responsible for exercising autonomous dominion for example – HIPAA, OASIS assessment, HCFA 1500 and UB92, etc.
- Health-care and Life-Science solution Vendors
Healthcare Domain Test Cases Examples:
Here are below test cases for hospital management.
- Verify that on the healthcare portal new patient registration has all the mandatory fields required for registering a patient for example -Blood group or other relevant information.
- Verify that after patient registration a valid patient id is generated.
- Verify that after login to the portal using that patient-id, patients should be able to see their reports and other information as well.
- Verify that after patient health check-up based on the requirement the details are updated in the patient details database.
- Verify that the system has a super-admin for doctors as well.
- Verify that each doctor’s details like their timings, specialty, fee, the patient visited, etc are visible to users.
- Verify that the doctor’s record can be deleted from the system when exiting or joining the hospital.
- Verify the billing admin of the system calculates the bill based on the patient’s unique application number(i.e. Patient Id) from the data generated from different systems.
- Verify that the hard copy of the bill can be generated when the user prints the bill.
- Verify that authorized users only can check total day-wise billing done.
- Verify the admin for the hospital have inventory, a list of room, and bed management.
- Verify that the admin has the record of all the apparatus, machines, and medicaments, and the same gets updated when used or added to the system.
- Verify that the admin has a record of rooms and beds availability and the same gets updated based on their allocation and departure to patients.
Important Tips For Healthcare Domain Testing:
- Dates are important that need to be accurate.
- If someone books an appointment that needs to be fixed and on time.
- The data should be updated and accurate.
- The health care system should be secure.
The healthcare industry is one of the most important industries in the world, and it has a direct effect on the quality of life of people in each country, good knowledge about the domain is very important while testing such applications. When we talk about the healthcare system the very first thing which comes to our mind is accuracy, the system needs to be accurate as well as secure. Whenever a new entity adds or remove from the system it should be updated accordingly.