What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is the world’s most memorable cloud-based CRM framework. It was established by Marc Benioff and Parker Harris in March 1999. The motivation behind fostering this CRM stage is to help clients moderately and effectively – sell, administer, market, investigate and interface with their clients.
There are numerous standard features that enable you to keep track of your relationship with clients and prospects with the help of Salesforce.com (Sales Force Dot Com). It likewise permits you to draw in and team up with workers and colleagues to store their information safely in the cloud.
What is Salesforce Testing?
The lovely thing about Salesforce is that so many out-of-the-box capabilities can be adapted to address the issues of a business.
Salesforce testing confirms the arrangement and changes done in vanilla SDFC.
The issue is to confirm that an analyzer is checking tweaked code as opposed to assessing work in salesforce functionalities.
Salesforce CRM depends on the APEX stage advancement language. It likewise has plenty of inherent unit experiments to assist engineers with really taking a look at their projects.
Why Salesforce Testing?
- Permits you to make sure that arrangement and code are practical.
- Assists you with confirming that the completed framework can uphold the client’s business processes.
- Assists you with affirming that the framework’s underlying form meets the concurred necessity.
- Assists you with getting issues right on time, while they’re not difficult to fix.
- Practical streams report in view of the situation with experiments. This permits the group to make useful streams to know the usefulness of the application.
- Process manufacturers assist you with actually taking a look at the functioning condition and conduct of the framework.
- Work processes permit you to check the usefulness of time-sensitive occasions.
Types of Salesforce Testing
Types of salesforce testing are as below:
The manual programming testing method contains standard strategies to test the Salesforce.com App. Manual testing can be performed by the QA group to do functional testing, happy path testing, integration testing, regression testing, and system testing.
Robotized testing includes a PC program to test a Salesforce.com or Force.com application. Computerized testing apparatuses like Selenium, Assure Click, QTP, and so forth, are utilized.
Levels of Testing in Salesforce
levels of testing are as follows:
1) Unit Testing
- The unit testing process is directed by Apex designers. It includes writing clauses in their code which naturally test its coverage.
- It assists you with evaluating the number of records of information that are impacted, so the code would effectively run in that climate.
- To send Apex code into a Production climate, your code inclusion proportion ought to be at least 78%
2) System Testing
- It is done by a profoundly gifted group of Salesforce-trained professionals.
- Includes test system technical process from start to finish.
- Contains test scripts based on specific outputs.
- You can troubleshoot problems with automated rules in your system, such as workflows, validations, and assignments.
3) UAT Testing
- It is done by the consumers of the program.
- Permits to test the framework’s capacity to help the business processes.
- UAT testing is done by a test script in view of what happens in the organization.
- The normal result is for the client to approve that the framework really depends on the norm.
4) Production Testing
- It’s a review of framework testing in the Production climate.
- Product testing in salesforce permits you to test whether config and code have been accurately sent from sandbox to production climate or not.
- Assuming there’s sufficient time until the final project release, the client should go through the UAT processes another after-arrangement.
5) Regression Testing
- A Regression Test entails testing whether code and configuration updates impact existing client cycles of the framework.
- It will be led once an improvement or a fix is sent to creation.
- The client gives an overview of how he/she expects the current method to adapt.
Salesforce Testing Process
The Salesforce testing process is similar to that of other web applications. During the testing process, the analyzer should have an in-depth understanding of all the adjustable elements.
It allows them to concentrate on the modified code rather than the Salesforce functionality that comes with the base version.
Developers and testers should use the Sandbox environment (Test Environment) to accomplish their goals. A code that works in the Sandbox climate is sent to production. A Salesforce QA analyzer should have a fundamental understanding of Salesforce’s syntax.
Salesforce Testing challenges
Testing Salesforce can be a challenging process. In the process of running the analyzer, several difficulties were encountered. Among them are −
- Some of the most important features like LWC, Salesforce, and Service Cloud Console are hard to test.
- Tests performed on conventional UIs should be replicated on Lightning UIs as well.
- It is not possible to eliminate a part of the standard functionality, despite it not being used.
- When the test environment is changed, GUI tests fail.
- It is critical that automated tests be able to run in all your testing environments.
- Creating field locators for Salesforce screens is challenging because organization IDs differ.
Sample Salesforce Test Scenarios
- You can catch the contact data of the lead/client.
- The status of contacts can be changed from active to inactive.
- It is possible to distinguish any organization as a prospect or customer.
- By utilizing web form, lead generation can be enhanced.
- Cost in Quotation can’t be zero.
- One of the most well-known cloud-based CRM frameworks in the world is Salesforce.
- Salesforce testing is an approval of the design and customization acted in vanilla SDFC.
- Salesforce testing assists you with checking that the completed framework can uphold the client’s business processes.
- Testing Salesforce is best done when you test the customization rather than the default features.
- Significant Levels of Salesforce Testing are Unit Testing, System Testing, UAT Testing, Production Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Salesforce testing is all about reproducing your classic testing for Lightning.
- Salesforce analyzer ought to run tests as genuine client profiles.
- Selenium web driver, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT), and Cucumber is a couple of significant salesforce testing devices.