Bug tracking software helps software teams find and resolve issues all over the development process. These web applications offer a domestic location to record bugs, prioritize severity, and assign them to the appropriate team members.
With a single look at all defects, QA teams can track bug trends and allusion this information to improve the quality of future products.
15 Best Bug Tracking Tools (Defect Tracking Tools)
Here is a list of the bug tracking tools you can use to make software development more efficient and increase team productivity.
- Katalon TestOps
- Zoho bug tracker
Following is a handpicked list of Bug Tracking Tool, with their attractive features and website links. The list contains both free (open source) and paid (commercial) software.
Most software professionals use JIRA as a bug-tracking tool because of its easy-to-use framework.
JIRA is a commercial product and helps to capture and organize the team issues/queries, prioritizing the issue/queries and updating them with the project.
It is a tool that directly accommodates the code development environments making it a perfect fit for developers as well.
Due to its potential to track any kind of issue, it is not just barred to the software industry. It supports agile projects. It appears with many add-ons that make this tool more powerful than other tools.
Monday is a bug tracking tool that facilitates you to analyze your performance and manage your team in one place. It contributes a flexible dashboard for easy visualization of data.
- You can cooperate with other people.
- It can automatize your daily work.
- Integration with Google Calendar, Mailchimp, Gmail, and much more.
- You can track your work process.
- It enables you to remotely work.
BugHerd is the easiest way to record bugs and manage website feedback. Pin bugs and feedback to elements on a website and take the technical information to help resolve issues—track feedback tasks to completion with the Kanban task board.
- Simple point and click bug and comment capture
- Technical information like OS, Browser, and Screen resolution is captured for you
- Track and manage all feedback and bugs in one central location with the Kanban Task Board
- Capture a screen-shot or video with each and every bug reported
- Save hours during UAT and QA of websites and applications
- Stakeholders like it.
Bug tracking is genuine with Kualitee’s intuitive UI/UX. Users can comfortably navigate the platform to record bugs while executing ongoing tests. Collusion is easy with comment threads that log notes about each and every issue.
Information-rich dashboards showcase applicable details about defects, including their description, severity/priority, types, and status. Bugs can be added/reported or deleted at any time to keep dashboards clutter-free. Users/customers can also approach a history of test suites, enabling you to trace any defect back to its test case.
Kualitee accommodates with top CI/CD tools, including Jira, Redmine, and AzureDevOps.
5) Katalon TestOps
Katalon TestOps is cloud-based test management, planning, and execution tool with robust analytics capabilities. TestOps facilitates teams to minimize manual processes in test deployment, tool integration, and maintenance, making debugging and product delivery more profitable. Features like automatic load balancing and parallel execution help dispose of redundancies in test execution, leaving extra time to fine-tune product quality.
Development teams can make knowledgeable product decisions based on AI-powered test reports and data visualizations. Real-time data tracking helps QA testers/QA team speedily detect bugs and provide instant feedback on code and test scripts. To manage complete control of the CI/CD pipeline, stakeholders can get custom email alerts based on predefined data thresholds.
ClickUp is an extremely customizable bug tracking tool that grants you to create your custom views. This project management tool offers extremely comprehensive time management and task management and facilitates collaboration between business units. This application grants you to assign and resolve comments to tasks. It helps you to set priorities for the work with no difficulty.
- You can search and filter for a specific task with comfort.
- It offers a deep range of templates.
- Helps you to naturally import documents from other apps.
- Grants you to collaborate with other people.
- It Grants you to assign multiple tasks with just one click.
- ClickUp facilitates you to sort tasks by project.
- You can correspond with Google Calendar.
The platform’s front-end performance investigates features that track CPU and memory usage, page load times, and network speeds. Monitoring can take a position at the individual user level or holistically. LogRocket also offers custom metrics that you can tailor to your product’s precise KPIs.
Integrations with Airbrake, Google Analytics, Bugsnag, and other product support and analytics tools are financed.
QACoverage is your one-stop destination for expertly managing all your testing producers so that you can produce high-quality and bug-free products. It has a defect management module that will grant you to control defects from the basic identification stage all the way to closure.
The defect tracking producer can be customized and configured per client/user needs. In inclusion to tracking defects, QACoverage has capabilities to track issues, risks, suggestions, enhancements, and recommendations. It also has the full capabilities of sophisticated test management solutions along with requirement management, test case design, test implementation test case execution, and reporting.
- Manage the complete workflow for various Ticket Types including risks, issues, tasks, and enhancement management.
- Generate all-inclusive metrics for identifying root causes and severity/priority levels.
- Support different defect supportive information via attachments.
- Design and authorize workflows for improved retest visibility via automatic notifications.
- Graphical reports based on priority, severity, defect type, defect category, expected fix date, and many more.
- Jira integration and many more.
GitHub Issues is a bug tracking system accessible in all GitHub source code repositories. In inclusion to issue management, development teams can use GitHub to anchor discussions, process internal customer/user support requests, and submit documentation feedback. The tools template builder is an important feature for QA teams to set up standard forms for bug reporting and product feature requests.
QA teams can also share contributing guidelines and information that communicate their bug reporting workflow to stakeholders. You can easily share contributing guidelines and information by creating a document called CONTRIBUTING.md at the root of your GitHub repository. When a reporter establishes a new issue, the system will deploy a pop-up message that straightforward them to the workflow document.
GitHub integrates with desktop graphical user interface (GUI) tools, including GitKraken, Atom, and project management systems.
World leaders in technology, including Mozilla, trust Bugzilla to provide defect/bug tracking, security, and workflow management for extremely complex software environments. Installation is not complicated and can be performed on different operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. Administrators can also appliance access controls for different departments within an organization.
- E-mail notification for change in code
- Reports and Charts
- Patch Viewers
- A list of bugs can be generated in various formats
- Schedule daily, monthly, and weekly reports
- This bug tracking tool catch duplicate bugs automatically
- Setting bug priorities by involving customers
- Concluded the time a bug may get fixed
SpiraTeam is a change key Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution with completely integrated bug tracking functionality. SpiraTeam lets you manage your full testing process from requirements to tests, issues, and bugs, with end-to-end traceability built-in.
- Automatic creation of new scenarios during the test script execution.
- Fully customizable incident fields including statuses, priorities, severities, and defect types.
- Capability to link incidents (bugs) to other artifacts and incidents.
- Robust reporting, searching, and sorting, plus an Audit log tracking change.
- Email notifications are triggered by customized workflow status changes.
- Capability to report issues and bugs via email.
Marker.io is a visual bug reporting tool made for software development teams and agencies. Easily install the website widget and collect feedback with screenshots, annotations & technical meta-data, directly into your favorite project management tool like Jira, Asana, Trello, ClickUp, GitHub, and more.
Say goodbye to irrelevant emails, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint. There is a better way!
- Website widget
- Screenshot and annotations
- Technical data recording (browser, URL, OS, console logs)
- 2-way concur with Jira, Trello, Asana, GitHub, ClickUp, and more
- Browser extension/WordPress plugin/JS snippet code.
- Custom branding
13) Zoho bug tracker
Zoho bug tracker is a very powerful bug tracker that helps you to view issues filtered by priority and severity. It improves productivity by exactly knowing which bugs are reproducible. It is an online tool that grants you to create projects, bugs, milestones, reports, documents, etc. on a single platform. With Zoho bug tracker automated reminding and notifying team members is possible.
- Bug views and integration
- Issue tracker’s flexible workflow
- Classification of issues into different categories
If you have already used another bug tracking tool, this tool can be easy to use for you. Mantis not only comes as a web application but also has its own mobile version/application. It works with multiple databases like MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL, and is integrated with applications like chat, time tracking, RSS feeds, wiki, and many more.
- This is an Open-source tool
- This tool provides E-mail notification
- Supported reporting with graphs and reports
- Source control integration
- Supports custom fields
- Supports time tracking management
- Multiple projects per instance
- Enable to watch the issue change roadmap and history
- Supports unlimited number of users/customers, issues, and projects
Redmine is an open-source bug tracking tool that integrates with SCM (Source Code Management System) too. It supports multiple platforms and multiple databases while for reporting goals, Gantt charts and calendars are used. It is a project management web application developed using the Ruby on Rail framework. Some of the Redmine features combine.
- Gantt chart and calendar
- News, document, and files management
- This tool provides SCM integration
- Issue creation via e-mail
- This software supports multiple databases.
- Flexible issue tracking system
- Flexible role-based access control
- Multilanguage support
Defect management system, when used correctly as a tester, you understand your ecosystem much better and as a team, it will improve the overall efficiency.
Thus, if you are still using the basic spreadsheet method for bug tracking or reporting, this is the right time to change it.